Saturday, November 11, 2006

Why I Hate the Holidays

Today is what? The 11th of November. A full 11 days past Halloween and yet I still see Halloween decorations everywhere. Not just pumpkins. I've seen the giant snow globes in yards, fake cobwebs, skeletons, plastic pumpkins, witches...the whole nine yards. And then there are the over-achievers. Turkeys and pilgrims -- when did Thanksgiving become a decorating holiday? Even so, what is with Christmas already? I like lights and all, but give it a chance to snow first!

I should add that in my town it is not considered tacky to leave up lights all year -- and leave them on. A few certain houses have Merry Christmas spelled out in lights with the help of a staple gun - at least one house has it spelled wrong. I'm certainly not one to begrudge someone the thrill of decorating, but let's get some priorities straight. If you have a yard full of trash and a house with broken windows you do not get to decorate the outside. Ever.

2 comments:

Queen Bee said...

How did they spell it?

Christi said...

Marry Chrismas