Monday, November 06, 2006

Days of Our Lives

I'm a pretty busy person. I have three kids, three jobs, and three horses. Add some random other animals to the mix, freelance work, and my tech-life..well I have very little in the way of down-time. I like my life. I have always thrived being busy. I used to stay home with the kids. It drove me nuts.

My days run from 4:30 pm to 4:30 pm. That means when I pick up the kids after work, it's already the new day. I don't know why my mind reasons this normal, but it does. Most people don't like Mondays. It's one of my favorite days. It's my Recover-From-the-Weekend day. I enjoy going back to work and having a schedule. Wednesday is a decent day too. It's the Week-is-More-than-Half-Over day. Thursday is One-More-Day-Left day. Friday is Meeting day. The weekend, well those are laundry and barn days. That leaves Tuesday. I wasn't sure what to do with it for the longest time. It's in a bad spot. Too far from the start of the tunnel, too far from the end. Then it hit me! Tuesday is VENDING-MACHINE day! It's the day the vending machines get filled at work. Usually it is with crappy snacks that I don't like, but there is some excitement to it. Every once in a while the vending girl goes back on her meds and there is good stuff in there. So, for me it is 3 hours into Tuesday and thank God it is Vending-Machine day, I'm craving some Oreos.

No comments: