Monday, November 20, 2006

Damage Control

Growing sick of my country CDs, I decided to listen to Atlantis Morissette whine about some guy who broke her heart. As I was thinking that she needs to just get over it and move on, I started thinking about the last time I had my heart broken by a guy. I can't remember the last time I was on the receiving end of the break-up chat. I must have been in grade school. Every one of my significant relationships have ended because I moved on. I don't think I've ever let someone get close enough to have that kind of control. Upon realizing this, I momentarily panicked thinking I was damaged. Mentally calculating what I might need to spend on therapy, I decided that just wasn't it. I like having the control that comes with always being a step away. I'm solid and comfortable and I choose to be this way.

No comments: