Sunday, November 26, 2006

Social Experiment

A month or so ago I was approached by a woman with a horse website. She was frustrated because her site was not searching well - actually at all. She asked advice and I gave it up for *free*. She didn't believe me. A few easy fixes would have landed her exactly where she wanted to be. That irritated me. I took the time to research her site, the competition and solve the problem. Something I am paid very well for at work. She acted like I had never seen a computer before.

So.. to prove a point I bought a domain name similar and threw up a random site. I spent about 20 minutes on it. Maybe 15. In two weeks I turned up #1 on Google for her site name. I'm near the top for some others as well. I don't know how long I'll leave it up. I didn't sign my name to it at all. I don't even have an email. However, if she's clever enough, she'll be in contact. I'll most likely take it down then, it's only to prove a point. In the meantime, I'm going after the keywords Horse Auctions and Tack Auctions. I'll let you know how I do.

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

Why ask for advice if you're not willing to listen to it?? Sheesh.