Thursday, November 23, 2006

Image Recall 3

A few months ago my 200GB storage drive went bad. On it were years of home movies and every picture I had taken for the past 2 years... the vast majority not backed up. I finally took the time to try to recover the priceless pictures. I used Image Recall 3 to do the job. I hooked up the drive externally through another device that uses USB. This software ran for 91 (yes, NINETY-ONE) straight hours. That's why I've been quiet. In the end, it recovered 11,260 images and had more than 30,000 read errors. I think it got everything. Or at least the majority of what I remember - and some stuff I didn't. The drive itself only showed having about 500 pictures on it and everytime I accessed it though Windows Explorer the whole computer locked up. I am very, very impressed to say the least. I also tried it out on some memory cards and it got most of those photos as well - after the cards had been formatted and used again it still found stuff. If you've lost images off a card, or a drive, I'd recommend this software without hesitation.

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Christi, I'm gonna pass that along to my computer geek :)