Friday, November 10, 2006

What's your Cure?

I get a lot of headaches. I'm usually either feeling one come on, trying to ward one off, seriously stricken with one, or rarely, recovering. It used to be that I could sleep one off. That doesn't work anymore, I wake up and it is still there. As close as anyone can figure it is from jaw-clenching and teeth-grinding. When I had my last bout of jaw trouble I made a big effort to stop. I've sort of backed off and the short relief from the headaches is gone. So, I regularly try: ibuprofen, Tylenol, all over-the-counter migraine stuff, sinus stuff, sleep, hot compresses, caffeine, beating my head against the wall. What other tricks are there that I'm missing? It's become a big deal now that I work every day and need to function.

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

Matt had to get a mouth guard to stop himself from clenching and grinding while sleeping. It didn't work for him but that's due to his apnea. Maybe you could look into that.