Saturday, November 04, 2006

Burn, Baby, Burn

Well the new DVD burner arrived a few days ago. I finally had time to unpack it today. It seems pretty sweet so far. Installation was smooth and the first couple DVDs came out great. I've been going through what is left of my movies after my miserable HD failure in July (note to others: a back-up hard drive SEEMS like a good place to store stuff, but don't be lazy, make a permanent copy). I LOVE the ease of iMovie and iDVD...beats VideoStudio and Pinnacle hands down. Even though it did crash (as they always do), at least it stored all the clips in a trash can and saved me a lot of reconstruction work. I thought Macs didn't crash?

I think I have a lot of movies left on my miniDV tapes because I always forget if I've stored them and just buy new ones. Once I track down where I put the DC cord for the camcorder I'm going to try some more movies.

Incidentally, Blogger Beta doesn't work with Safari, neither does Yahoo Mail beta. Also, I do not like the generic Mac keyboard or mouse. I'm used to my wireless Logitech. I'll be putting the Mac version on my Christmas list. And yes, I ran out of wall outlets a LONG time ago!

2 comments:

Queen Bee said...

Hehehe! You're such a geek, Christi!!

Btw, I keep getting the "non-secure items" pop-up when I go to the comments page...

Christi said...

Yea, I'm fairly certain it's an IE thing with the beta blogger. I can't revert back and I don't think there is a setting I can change. Sorry! Google's way of forcing people into Firefox?