Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Common Goal

I'm a slob. I've always been a slob. I get it from my mother, who gets it from her mother. Well, I guess you could call it 'I-can't-ever-throw-this-away-I-might-need-it-someday' disease. I'm a paper-hoarder. I have stacks. It drives the husband batty. He's a neat freak. I usually use the defense that he knew about this before we married. He lived in my apartment with me. I never once said I'd change. Back when he still had to impress me he pretended it didn't bother him.

I made it through my current stack (ignoring the fact that the last two are taking up boxes and I'm ignoring them, they are months old). I'm going to try to try something new. I want to scan in the papers I think I'll need. Progress reports, notes from the teachers, medical bill stubs - and trash the paper. I certainly have the equipment for it. I just need to make the time. Everyone wins. I give it about 3 weeks. You have to really want to change to change and all I want to do is get the boss-man off my back.

My current excuse? When our house looks like my mom's house, then you can complain. If he didn't pick up after me it wouldn't take long. I don't even open my mail anymore.

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

And what's wrong with hoarding? At least you have boxes.