Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Few of My Favorite Things

I know a lot of useless stuff. I love useless information. I've been saving ideas for a while to compose a list. Did you know...

  • Daylight Savings time was first thought of by Ben Franklin. It has nothing to do with farmers and everything to do with conserving energy.
  • A quagmire is a not only a character on Family Guy (which I've never watched) but also means 'a sinking situation, like quicksand'. Next time you can't win, you're facing a quagmire.
  • To concatenate means to join together or link. No dear, we concatenate tonight ;)
  • The only 100% way to prevent or stop male hair loss is castration. Not a vasectomy - castration. No, you don't have to use rubber bands. (thank you Trivial Pursuit for that one)
  • Unopened pop cans explode if you put them in the freezer. A certain someone has done this in my house SEVERAL times in the last few months. Anyone up for the definition of insanity?
  • You can get dried-on crayon out of clothes with WD-40. You can get WD-40 smell out with 3 washings and Febreeze.
  • Jeans always fit better the second day.

What I hope to learn: Why does the house feel too hot in the summer when the thermostat is set at 70 degrees, but too cold in the winter at the same setting? My guess is it has something to do with the moisture in the air?

No comments: