Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Tis the Season

I don't think I've done a positive post in a while. I was born a complainer so whining just comes easier. Let's be thankful for some things.

My kids - They are doing well in school (finally! for the boy) and seem happy and well adjusted.. despite certain obstacles in their lives. The littlest one (who has yet to encounter an obstacle) is darn near genius. At 2, I'm fairly sure she's more advanced than any ten year old I've met. And that is only partially her mother talking.

The hubby - Although he is a constant source of frustration and - well - the urge to break things... he is so good to me. I'm proud of him. He is truly the most considerate person I've ever met. And I'm extremely hard to please.

The job - Not what I saw myself doing. Not even a job I thought I'd last 6 months at, but here I am with well over a year in and starting to think I'm a lifer. The monetary rewards are great, but the personal satisfaction and praise is so much better.

Our health - For the first time in a month no one is up all night coughing. I can breathe through my nose again. It won't last long, but I'm glad for the time I have.

My animals - Winter months are not fun for having outdoor animals. Mine are being very patient in waiting out the cold and the fact that it must be at least 45 to keep me outdoors longer than it takes to throw food. They all are staying pleasantly healthy.

and last, but not least,

My friends - My IRL peeps that get me through the work day (Hey gang #53!) and all of my digital friends (couldn't bring myself to say 'cyber'). Those of you who leave comments and make me smile because someone is thinking of me and those of you who are just reading. I know you are here, I check ;) Thank you all for making me feel loved.

I hope that 2007 brings everyone as much joy as 2006 brought me. Life is good.

3 comments:

The Cluck Wagon said...

Glad to hear things are going well. :)
Hugs

Queen Bee said...

Oh my goodness, that was positively sappy. Don't make it a habit ;)

Karen said...

Life is good...