Monday, January 15, 2007

T-Minus 1

One more day, that is that I have with the hubby before he's off for his 5-day thingy in the great state of Utah. We spent a rare night as a family without everyone jetting off everywhere. At first I was uber-excited at the thought of 5 whole days without picking up after myself... without getting my paper thrown away... without hearing him grouch at the lazy-butt kids who happen to be spending their last amount of energy fighting with each other. Now I'm scared! It's been over a year since he's had to leave town for training. Last time it was an hour flight away. This time it is across the country. I remember how much work it is doing it alone. Hey, the kids still have to eat, and shower, and all that stuff that we usually divide and conquer. Who is going to take the trash out?

I guess I'll find out soon enough. For once, Sunday can't come fast enough.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Well with one less person in the house there won't be as much trash, it can wait til he gets home. :) And they're kids, they can't get that dirty, can they?

Queen Bee said...

Just hose them off right before he comes home and then tell him how much you missed him ;)

Christi said...

Can they go that long without eating? I haven't made a meal in.. well since I met the hubby. Good thing I live 5 minutes from a McDonalds!