Monday, February 26, 2007

It's Not Me, It's the Rest of the World

So my new mouse came -- a week ago. Tonight I finally got up enough energy to clean off my desk to have a place to put it. I hate the new keyboard. The keys feel funny and they have a different font on them. But anyways, not the point.

I'm also tired of getting nagged about my irrational paper obsession. It's not that I like to save everything, it's just that I don't want to deal with it. So I lay it aside. Now my bills get paid - usually - but everything else? Well, let's put it this way, I have unopened mail from at least 6 months ago laying on my desk. I have even stopped all legitimate mail from coming to me, opting instead for online statements that I can ignore. They sit, unopened, in my inbox. The junk mail monster? Well it's not that I have a problem throwing it away. It's just that it is much easier to throw it on the table and hope it disappears. It's the same with the letters from the teachers. I almost missed conferences this time around because I never filled out the paper. My paycheck? Well, it's direct deposit, but I have no idea what I'm getting paid because I never look. I also haven't checked the answering machine in at least a month and a half. I hope no one died.

I have an obscene procrastination problem that I deal with by ignoring. Imagine the irony there.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hey! Are we related? Are you sure? Cause that's exactly what I do... desks are made to hold paper. Therefore, it's only logical that everything that is paper should be on the desk. Right?

Queen Bee said...

You should see the pile beside me right now. I might even have some of your mail, I wouldn't know as I haven't opened it...