Friday, December 08, 2006

Why People Go to Prison for Killing their Exes

Because it is worth it, that is why.

My stupid ex bought the kids rabbits. And then told them that if I wouldn't let them keep them at the barn (not my house btw, someplace I have to drive 20 mins to) then he was going to eat them. Of course I relented under the condition I wouldn't have to feed them or scoop poop. He assured me he was ready to be Father-of-the-Year. Well, he doesn't take them to feed on weekends he has them like he said he would. He didn't feed them when I was out of town so they went 48 hours without food or water. He has never once cleaned up after them. He has never once helped them. I've been gently reminding him and coaxing him into being a better father. He did this crap all the time when we were married. He'd bring home animals that I'd have to care for.

So, tonight I said he could either make the effort or I'd drop the bunnies off at his house.. rather his parents house.. he couldn't handle keeping a job to keep a house. First, he blamed the kids. Called them irresponsible, etc. Like they can DRIVE, HELLO. Then he blamed me. Then I'm not sure, but I think he blamed the rabbits themselves. Basically it was everyone’s fault but his. Then THEN THENNNN he had the nerve to say that he (1) does running around too much for me already -- all the running he does is when I say, sure, you can get the kids for a few hours if you want to then he says (2) he doesn't get enough time with them. Well, Wonder-Dad, let's try an activity that doesn't involve you sleeping when you have them, try feeding the rabbits.

It ended with him telling me it wasn't fair that I brought this up and him telling the kids the rabbits were going to be killed and eaten because I wouldn't take care of them. They cried, thinking it was their fault. I relented saying forget it, I'll shoulder the responsibility as usual. They blame me, he blames me. Me, I blame the rabbits.

I should have hired a Hitman instead of a lawyer. It still might be worth it.

4 comments:

llongoriao said...

I am new to blogging and am going around looking at others blogs and "WISHING EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS".
Hugs, from GRANNY
p.s. If you are no longer married, ignore him and get on with your life, tell the children that 'Daddy' has the bunnies at his house now and he is taking care of them, then drop the bunnies off with him & with a smile and a wave, drive away.

Queen Bee said...

I can't believe that. I mean, I believe you, I can't believe HIM. Telling the kids he would eat the bunnies? Oh. my. gosh.

The Cluck Wagon said...

Ugh - I feel your pain. I think all divorce lawyers should offer a hitman service. It would make life so much easier.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. That's insane. I like Granny's plan. Though the hitman thing... hmm... tempting.