Sunday, October 29, 2006

New Toy

A few weeks ago I was given a mini Mac or a Mac mini or a baby Mac or WHATEVER it's called ;) Anyways the little that I've used it... It is awesome for things like slideshows, movies, and pictures. So awesome that I'll never do another home movie on my PC. It took me 15 minutes to figure out how to eject a CD. There is no button on the front as I'm used to. I was reading things online telling me to restart and hold certain buttons down (*thinking this is dumb!*). However, in case you ever get in the situation, I finally found there is a handy eject button on the keyboard. Nice. Not the most logical thing, but it worked. It also doesn't have what Apple calls a 'SuperDrive,' which means I can't burn DVDs. So, I had to burn it to an image, find something to convert it and then compress it and move it over to the PC. Luckily the file was under 300MB so it wasn't a huge problem. I have been having a hard time finding an external DVD burner compatible with Mac for under a couple hundred bucks, but I found one online today at MicroCenter.

All in all, I still use my PC, but for nice creative things, I'm going to give this little puppy some more tries. It did a picture slideshow to music in under 10 minutes for me. That's pretty good. In a dream world I could use the same friendly software on my PC and we'd all be happy!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

LOL at ejecting the disk from the Mac. I found the same thing when I had a Mac at a job a few years ago. I had to ask somebody; this was before the button on the keyboard, and you had to drag the CD icon to the trash! Quirky little things, aren't they?