Monday, September 17, 2007

The Saga Continues...

So I was flying high when I got my new camcorder the other day. Well that lasted until I tried to burn my first DVD. And my second.. and the third.. and well you get the point. Notice I said 'tried'

After a half-dozen coasters, the new camcorder was about to get chucked out the window that was so conveniently placed in my office for just these occasions. I consulted the book. And the digital manual. And the web. Well, then I got a little smarter. I read the freaking box. Turns out my dinosaur (circa 2005) of a computer didn't have enough (insert male anatomy part here) to handle it. We're talking Sony proprietary software -- not even something made by Pinnacle or Adobe. Nice. Thanks, dear hubby, for talking me into the AMD back then to save a few bucks.

So then my options were to (1) take back the camcorder, (2) keep it and never watch the movies I recorded, or (3) get a new system. Guess what I picked? HELLO Core 2 Duo :) So, since I haven't had a chance to install any software to bog it down, I feel like I'm flying. And the videos.. look great on DVD.

The only problem is getting the kids to get off their butts and do something video-worthy.

No comments: